Expressions of Interests
CATHOLIC EARLY LEARNING & CARE
Catholic Early Learning and Care (CELC) as an agency of the Catholic Diocese of Cairns, is a leading provider of childcare in the Cairns region, operating 11 Outside School Hours Care services, two early learning centres and a kindergarten in Silkwood. CELC offers quality early learning and care programs that are child-centred and holistic.
Applications are welcome from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for casual positions.
Early Childhood Educator
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with the planning and preparation of thought-provoking, challenging, educational and fun activities for children;
- Provide children with a safe, secure, inclusive and nurturing environment.
- Enthusiastically participate with children in activities;
- Effectively and actively supervise children
- Support the implementation of the Spirituality in the Early Years Program and the National Quality Standards.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment before, during and after the completion of the daily program;
- Monitor the implementation of the Spirituality in the Early Years Program and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Build effective and healthy partnerships with team members, families and the community through effective, respectful relationships and open communication.
- Minimum Certificate III in an area of study applying to childcare (desirable)
- Current Positive Notice Blue Card or the ability to obtain
- Recognised Senior First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Training or willingness to obtain
- Experience in working within a childcare environment
- Ability to deal with child behavioural difficulties and conflicts
- Ability to respond to needs and concerns of children to ensure quality of service meets agreed standards
- Effective time management skills with a demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and commitments
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build relationships with stakeholders
To apply please download the application pack for the position you wish to apply for.
How to Apply
If you have the right skills and experience please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org